History of the Library

The Bradley Public Library was origanally founded in 1935 as a W.P.A. project.

In 1942, the W.P.A. withdrew its support, but the library was kept going with community support and by 1944 the library was able to operate as a tax-supported institution.

In 1959, the library moved to a newly erected building at 422 West Broadway and housed a collection of 9,355 books and 56 periodicals.

A 12,000 sq. ft. new library was completed and dedicated at 296 N. Fulton Ave. on June 23, 1985, bringing Bradley the most up-to-date equipment and a collection of 31,399 books, 265 videos, and 1,442 recordships.

Today, the library offers a continually growing collection of books for all ages on a wide range of topics.  Over 170+ different magazine subscriptions are also available for checkout.  We honor all area public library cards and have 24/7 access to our online catalog.

We offer free high-speed Internet access and Microsoft Office on 19 computers complimented by free monthly computer classes.  We are even a community Wi-Fi hotspot.  Bradley Public Library meets community multimedia needs with hundreds of DVD's videos, and audiobooks.